A “Friend” is an an integral part of the CASA team of dedicated people who work together to bring consistency, support and loving care to the foster children of Santa Cruz County.
Through the annual For the Love of Children luncheon, the Friends support the CASA Children’s Fund, created to enable CASA to purchase special items to enrich or just add normalcy to a CASA child’s life — from class pictures, to a prom dress, to tutoring.
Through the Friends’ participation in the Volunteer Center of Santa Cruz County’s annual Human Race, the Friends support CASA’s Advocate recruitment and training program.
Through public relations support and word of mouth, the Friends help educate the community about the work of CASA, and how to support its efforts for children and youth in foster care.
As a Friend of CASA, you choose your level of involvement, including:
- Attending our semi-annual planning meetings.
- Attending CASA’s annual events: For the Love of Children Luncheon, the Imagine! fundraiser, and the Human Race.
- Joining one of the committees that plan the above events — or join the Friends Executive Committee.
- Helping with CASA mailings approximately four times a year.
- Becoming an office volunteer and assist in the CASA office as needed, or at the annual holiday parties for the CASA children and youth.
- Providing much appreciated financial support.