Educational Advocacy Training
2.5 Hours of Continuing Education Hours
Light snacks will be provided.
Advocates are welcomed to bring their own food.
Advocates who are working with students in grades K-12 and have not taken this training at least once are encouraged to RSVP.
When: Thursday October 24, 2019
Time: 6:00 PM-8:30 PM
Location: COE Annex: 399 Encinal St., Santa Cruz 95060
Advocates will learn about:
1. Legislation protecting our youth in foster care while attending school.
2. Collaboration efforts with FosterEd, Schools, Parents, Foster Parents, and other team members.
3. School resources available to all students.
4. How to advocate for your student's educational success.
5. Understanding Student Study Teams, IEPs, and 504 plans.
Kim Corneille, Project Lead with FosterEd at SCCOE
Caroline Currie, CASA Education Specialist/SCCOE Foster Youth Services
Alma Rocha, CASA Education Liaison