CASA of Santa Cruz County needs caring adult volunteers to speak up for the best interests of children who have been abused or neglected.
A CASA volunteer spends time with his or her child each week, gathering information from everyone involved in the child’s case. CASA volunteers also work with attorneys and social workers. They review records, research information, and talk to anyone involved with the child, including parents, extended family members, doctors and teachers.
If you have 2-4 hours a week to be there for a child in foster care, you CAN make a difference.
Although there is a great need for bilingual and male volunteers, we always encourage people from all cultures and professions and of all ethnic and educational backgrounds to learn more.
Upcoming Informational sessions are:
- Saturday, June 8, 10:00 a.m. at CASA, located at 813 Freedom Blvd. in Watsonville
- Tuesday, June 11, 6:00 p.m. at Live Oak Family Resource Center, located at 1740 17th Avenue in Santa Cruz
- Wednesday, June 12, 5:30 p.m. at CASA, located at 813 Freedom Blvd. in Watsonville
- Thursday, June 13, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. at The Painted Cork Studio, located at 1129 Soquel Avenue in Santa Cruz
- Friday, June 14, 12:00 p.m. at California Coffee, located at 9105 Soquel Drive in Aptos
Register at https://casaofsantacruz.org/signup/