Deadline for Applications: JANUARY 28, 2020
We seek a welcoming, organized self-starter who is friendly, and detail oriented to fill this position. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously, be able to maintain cooperative, effective, collegial working relationships with a diverse population of staff, volunteers, and community members, all while managing multiple projects/priorities.
The Administrative Assistant supports the Executive Director and Development Director and is responsible for general office, reception and administrative support. This position provides coordination of maintenance of office systems/equipment, technical support and assistance with other projects required for the CASA program, training and operations. This position reports to the Program Coordinator.
The major areas of responsibility are:
- Provide confidential administrative support to the Executive Director inclusive of assisting with preparation of Board and committee agendas, generating Board informational packets, and maintaining files of all Board meetings. May serve as administrative liaison to the Board as directed by ED.
- Provide clerical, administrative, and project-based support; may include scheduling meetings, handling information requests, filing, preparing reports and general, overall, organizational support.
- Ensure adequate level of supplies for house, office training's and events. Coordinate with vendors and suppliers for facility needs: gardener, janitorial, maintenance, etc.
- Coordinate provision of office technology installation, services of technology consultant, and systems maintenance (computers, copy machine, fax machine, internet, software and phone system).
- Develop the annual house and office budget based on analysis of prior year expenditures and prospective needs including scheduled maintenance projects. Track expenditures and adjust as needed to conform with approved budget.
- Provide technical assistance including computer back-up and general office support.
- Manage petty cash, gift cards, credit card expenditures and receive, review and code invoices for payments; Act as back-up for bookkeeper to process, cut checks, pay monthly bills and ensuring timely bank deposits; processing mail and all donations per policy and procedure including accurate and timely entering of all data in donor database. Work with Bookkeeper and Development Director to coordinate and ensure the integrity of the processing of donations.
- Run financial reports for Managers and Directors as requested.
- Answer phones and door.
- Supervise volunteers when they are in the house and assign and monitor tasks.
- Support in house mailings through ensuring appropriate postage is available, setting up house for mailing activities, and taking mailings to post office.
- Support all events, Board meetings and training's by obtaining food for event and preparing house for in-house events.
- Facilitate out of county travel of all staff by making travel and accommodation reservations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree preferred but demonstrated relevant combination of work experience and education may be acceptable to fulfill the minimum requirements.
● Bi-lingual and Bi-literate in Spanish and English highly preferred
● Excellent written, composition, and oral communication skills
● Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, and other software
● Have transportation, car insurance and be willing to travel throughout Santa Cruz County
● Completion of background screening process (i.e. DMV check, FBI, Department of Justice (DOJ), CACI (Child Abuse Central Index), and upon hiring complete 35-hour CASA training
Full Time: 40 hours/week nonexempt (some evening and weekend work)
Benefits: Paid medical, dental, and vision; 20 days paid time off (PTO) plus observed holidays
Send resume, three reference contacts, and a cover letter summarizing your qualifications with your interest in the position to: AAposition@casaofsantacruz.org by 5pm on JANUARY 28, 2020.
No phone calls please.
CASA reserves the right to begin interviews as soon as qualified applicants’ resumes are received. Position may be filled before deadline.