PART-TIME TEMPORARY POSITION
Approximately December 2019 – May 2020
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Santa Cruz County seeks part time individual to assist with outreach in the Watsonville Community[l2] . This person needs to be bilingual (English/Spanish) and have strong outreach, presentation, speaking and writing skills to recruit volunteers to the organization. This person will work autonomously and be comfortable meeting with individuals and diverse groups in a variety of settings to represent CASA. This is a part-time temporary position (approximately December, 2019 – May, 2020).
The Outreach Assistant will provide support to the Outreach and Recruitment Manager and work primarily in South Santa Cruz County outreach and recruitment efforts. This position will play a key role in attracting bilingual/bicultural volunteers to become Court Appointed Special Advocates.
The principal areas of responsibility are:
- Identify outreach and speaking opportunities with special emphasis on recruiting Latino, bilingual and male volunteers.
- Represent CASA at community events as a speaker or tabling staff.
- With a focus on South Santa Cruz County, identify locations to post and/or partners that will help distribute and disseminate CASA banners, flyers or posters.
- Help expand CASA’s network of partners and supporters in South Santa Cruz County.
- Assist with creating and curating social media content.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Excellent speaking and presentation abilities in English and Spanish.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and ability to work independently to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with graphics/media software and database management a plus.
- Competent navigating and posting on social media networks.
- Ability to transport self to CASA facilities and to outreach locations; transport outreach materials to programs/events or off-site storage[l3] .
- Reliable mobile phone, computer and internet access.
- Flexibility for varied hours and tasks.
- Prior experience in children’s services or nonprofits a plus.
- Experience tabling at community events.
- Cultural Humility.
- Strong desire to help CASA realize our vision that all children are nurtured within the hearts and homes of safe and loving families.
- Varied schedule of 10-20 hours per week. Some evening and week-end work will be required.
- $18 per hour
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
CASA of Santa Cruz County is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age, medical condition (cancer), marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.