CASA is a child's voice in dependency court, providing advocacy, stability, and hope to children who have been abused, neglected, or abandoned."
CASA empowers volunteers to directly influence life-changing decisions affecting children in foster care. To accomplish this, CASA recruits, screens, trains, and supervises Volunteer Advocates who work one-on-one with children and youth in the dependency care system, advocating for their best interests in court, in school, and in the community.
CASA children and youth are safe, happy, healthy, and thriving.
1. All children and youth who need an Advocate get one immediately.
2. CASA children and youth have safe and permanent homes.
3. CASA children and youth are emotionally, socially and physically healthy.
CASA children and youth achieve educational success; CASA is a leader in promoting educational success for all children and youth in the dependency care system.
1. Advocates have the knowledge and skills to support children and youth’s educational success.
2. CASA children and youth are on track to graduate from high school.
3. CASA and the community sustain the mission of FosterEd.
CASA transition-age youth and young adults have the life skills and knowledge to be successful adults.
1. CASA youth have the life skills that will enable them to live independently.
2. Advocates successfully transition from advocacy to mentorship roles.
CASA has reliable organizational and financial resources.
1. CASA has the organizational infrastructure and human resources necessary to implement the Strategic Plan.
2. CASA has the financial resources and expertise to fully support the Strategic Plan.
CASA’s mission and the needs of foster children and youth are well-understood and broadly supported throughout Santa Cruz County.
1. The community understands the needs of foster children and youth and its role in meeting those needs.
2. The community understands CASA’s mission and the impact we have in the community.