News & Events
CASA has an immediate opening for an Advocate Supervisor.
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position of 40 hours per week that requires some evening and week-end work. Benefits include fully-paid medical/dental/vision benefits for the employee and 160 annual PTO hours plus paid holidays. A 403b retirement plan is available.
Deadline for applications is August 1, 2017. Early submissions are encouraged; CASA reserves the right to begin interviews as soon as qualified applicant submissions are received. No calls please.
Step into an exhibit about foster youth made with foster youth.
Lost Childhoods: Voices of Santa Cruz County Foster Youth and the Foster Youth Museum showcases the stories, struggles, and triumphs of youth who are aging out of foster care. You will see personal belongings of foster youth, stunning photography by Ray Bussolari, and four different art installations foster youth created with artists Bridget Henry (CASA Advocate), Melody Overstreet, Elliott Taylor, and Nada Miljkovic.
July Information sessions are:
• Tuesday, July 11, from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. at Live Oak Family Resource Center, located at 1740 17th Ave. in Santa Cruz
• Wednesday, July 19, from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at CASA, located at 813 Freedom Blvd. in Watsonville
• Thursday, July 20, from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. at Keller Williams Realty, located at 1414 Soquel Ave. in Santa Cruz
• Tuesday, July 25, from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. at CASA, located at 813 Freedom Blvd. in Watsonville
• Friday, July 28, from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. at Surf City Coffee, located at 9105 Soquel Dr., in Aptos
This month, we sat down with Beth Thomas. Read more...
CAN YOU HELP?? Camp Opportunity is a unique overnight summer camp experience for children who come from families facing serious issues. Most campers are, or have been, in foster care, and many grow up to return to camp as counselors. They need a few more supplies to be ready when the campers arrive in a few weeks. Thank you!